Deputy MLRO - Spanish market
About the opportunity
We are currently looking for a Deputy MLRO for Spain to join our Spanish MLRO Team.
You will have a strong regulatory, internal controls and AFC risk management background in an international setting and a high-pace and tech driven environment. You will work with a team of highly motivated and diverse staff.
You will support the Spanish MLRO Team in the day-to-day duties as well as participate as a key stakeholder in more complex and strategic compliance projects. You will also deal with AFC risk management and compliance-related topics covering Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Fraud Prevention and Sanctions; supporting the ES MLRO team in fulfilling its regulatory obligations.
Along with the MLRO, you will be responsible for the maintenance and compliance of effective anti-money laundering systems and controls.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the Deputy MLRO for Spain, working closely with the Spanish MLRO and represent him/her during his/her absence
- Maintain a solid and proactive relationship with the local regulatory authorities
- Update and enhance AFC policy standards according to the business, the inherent AFC risk and the regulatory framework
- Draft and maintain a state of the art AFC Risk Assessment and derive a risk based control plan
- Coordinate local external and internal audits on AML
- Define and follow up the remediation plan of potential findings
- Attend regular meetings to follow up on actions planned, workloads, prioritisation of tasks, etc
- Assess new products and services based on local legal standards
- Coordinate with other operational functions working on the Spanish market
- Work alongside multiple stakeholders within AFC and in the business to ensure a scalable and efficient platform
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree in economics, law, business, or other relevant areas,
- Professional experience gained in an anti-financial crime or compliance or risk management role, ideally with at least 7+ years
- Proven experience in AML audits and PMO roles
- A professional Financial Crime qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS) would be beneficial
- In-depth knowledge of European and Spanish regulations on Financial Crime (AML, terrorism financing, fraud, tax evasion)
- You are fluent in English and Spanish (native speaker), spoken and written
- Proven ability to relate to the regulatory authorities
- Hardworking, team worker and attentive to detail
- Strong analytical, advisory, communication and presentation skills, and initiative are among your strengths
- Advanced use of MS Office (G suits) skills for Excel and Word
- You are detail oriented, diligent and reliable
- You are a great team player
- You have a hands-on mentality and take on ownership
- You should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, show high willingness to learn and work autonomously to grasp new topics
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 8 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.