Principal Product Designer
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join N26’s UX Team. We need a strong individual contributor to help us redefine what a modern banking experience looks and feels like.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, this role is responsible for the design quality and coherency of the overall N26 experience. We need a design leader who can work collaboratively across teams and provide the connective tissue across.
We believe our team’s diversity is our strength. The more perspectives at the table, the better. Please apply regardless of your identity, experience, or background.
This is us
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do, and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has over 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam and São Paulo.
N26’s UX Team is part of the larger Product & UX organization. We are a multidisciplinary team of 50+ talented individuals (known as “UXers”) with currently 4 Head of Designs, who practice Product Design, User Research, UX Writing, and Design Operations. Most of our UXers are distributed across various cross-functional teams, looking after different product verticals. Our team is based in Berlin and Barcelona.
This is you
- You have at least 10 years of experience designing digital products (for Mobile and Web) in cross-functional product teams.
- You have considerable experience working with agile delivery teams, ideally having been part of a transformation team.
- You can demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects.
- You are regarded as an expert in designing products for web and native platforms.
- You have excellent collaboration skills, as well as being able to constructively direct action within teams.
- You have extensive knowledge of developing and working with design systems.
- You will have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
As Principal Product Designer at N26, you will…
- Partner with the product management, design and engineering leadership to drive innovation.
- Work with product management leadership to define strategies for critical ‘horizontal’ activities such as Design System, Shared experience, New UI direction.
- Drive strategic design deliverables such as customer journeys, visions of future experiences and evangelize these across the whole organization.
- Be responsible for the design quality and coherency of the overall N26 experience.
- Partner with principal engineers across the company to identify the next opportunities.
- Lead by example, willing to dive into teams to support and help them where needed. You understand when to be hands-on and when you need to mentor and coach.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.