About the opportunity
We are seeking a Lead Data Scientist to head our Financial Crime Prevention team. The team develops various machine-learning models in the context of financial crime prevention and transaction monitoring.
In this role, you will:
- You will lead and mentor a team of experienced Data Scientists.
- You will drive your team and closely collaborate with machine learning & data engineers, FCP analysts, product managers, and anti financial crime experts to deliver high quality machine learning services that impact millions of users.
- You will have the opportunity to experiment with new machine learning technologies and set the technical and research agenda to solve some of the most challenging problems in the financial industry.
- You will be a member of our Data Science leadership team and drive the future technological and organizational set up of machine learning and data science in the company.
What you need to be successful:
- You have a degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, or comparable qualifications and experience (research experience is a plus).
- Professional experience in the development and productionizing of machine learning solutions in the area of financial crime prevention.
- Leadership experience.
- Very good understanding of common machine learning algorithms and libraries.
- Solid background in Python, Scala, C ++, or similar programming languages with a focus on machine learning and large-scale data processing.
- You are creative, organized, self-motivated and able to drive Data Scientists to successfully create models from conception through coding to deployment
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Actively help yourself and others be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends or family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.