About the opportunity
Are you ready for your next career step? We are seeking aManager Non-Financial Risk & Internal Controls to join our Risk Management team. This is a unique opportunity to drive the non-financial risk management at a cutting edge technology-driven bank. You will take full ownership for various non-financial risk areas and work across functions, products, and markets to assess, control, and report non-financial risks N26 is exposed to.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key contributor in establishing and promoting the Non-Financial Risk function as a cross-sectional risk governance function across Risk Management, Compliance, Anti-Financial Crime, Information Security Management, Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing, etc.
- Further develop and an align the processes of risk event reporting, incident management and crisis management
- Taking ownership for assessing, controlling, and reporting non-financial risks (e.g. OpRisk, ICT and information security risk, outsourcing risk, financial crime risk and fraud risk) and continuously developing N26’s non-financial risk taxonomy and risk strategy (e.g., monitoring for emerging risks)
- Support the regular and ad hoc risk and control assessment process, as well as the internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP) by providing input to adverse non-financial risk scenarios
- Transform the impact of legal and regulatory requirements for non-financial risks into actionable measures
What you need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant areas
- 5+ years of professional experience in Non-Financial Risk Management (including BusinessContinuity Risk, ICT Risk, Third Party Risk Management) gained in banking/financial services or in a consulting firm
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, creativity, critical thinking, as well as ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Excellent communication skills both on technical and on managerial level
- Sound knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements and common industry standards
- Experience in GRC technology would be an advantage
- Track record in project delivery
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp inconceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluency in English is required, German is a plus
- Strong topic ownership and bias for action
- Critical thinking and drive to improve the status quo
- Passion for risk management, internal controls, and complex problem-solving
- Both attention to details and strong conceptual thinking
- Flexibility in a fast-changing and agile environment
- Actively help yourself and the team to be successful
- Will to continuously learn and act upon direct feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.