About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Director of Product Design to join, lead and develop, scale a team of talented designers and user researchers. Reporting directly to the Global CPO, this role will be responsible for owning the vision of what the next N26 app looks and feels like in conjunction with other leaders within the product organisation.
The product design team is responsible for the whole product experience. This is not only limited to our mobile applications, but also to physical products related to banking.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great organisation that is shaping the future of banking. We like to push boundaries as we continue to be one of the pioneers in digital banking.
In this role, you will:
- Recruit, nurture, and retain a team of talented product designers and user researchers
- Lead the vision, culture and strategic direction of the Design function.
- Partner with key stakeholders to set goals, plan roadmaps, prioritise work whilst at the same time ensuring aligned ways of working and best practices are in place
- Collaborate with leaders cross-functionally to develop the product strategy that will help us to achieve our company objectives
- Identify problems, diagnose root causes and design solutions to improve our projects, processes and people management in a technical environment
- Drive strategic initiatives and establish scalable processes that allow team members to focus and do their best work
- Define and build our user research capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product decisions
- Achieve immediate results and short-term flexibility, while building processes and a culture that ensures the long-term health of the design systems supporting the product
- Build, foster and advocate a design culture across the company
What you need to be successful:
- Experience delivering high-quality customer experiences within consumer mobile apps
- Proven record of building and developing high-calibre design teams with happy, challenged, and curious designers with the ability to motivate others to independently execute strategies
- Experience in managing and developing people managers
- Experience in crafting design visions and strategies
- User-centric and data-informed approaches to product design, with a background in qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- The ability to tell the story of our users, advocate for them, and develop an appreciation for their perspectives within the company
- Experience establishing processes to ensure that good design practices are being followed in every part of the product
- Ability to drive alignment cross-functionally with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Nice to have:
- User of a digital bank
- A combination of both in-house and agency experience
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.