Chief of Staff
- Berlin, Vienna
About the opportunity
As Chief of Staff you will take senior responsibility for monitoring and continuous improvement of operational processes in the company. You will also enable teams across the organisation to measure and analyse the effectiveness of the respective initiatives and programs. You are here to challenge and improve the status quo and foster collaboration and communication within the whole business and across internal cross-functional stakeholders and external partners. You will be partnering closely with our Co-Founders and CEOs Valentin Stalf & Maximilian Tayenthal as well as the executive leadership team and our CEO Office.
This role can be based either in Berlin, or Vienna.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the executive leadership team of N26, and support in coordinating day-to-day operations and business planning
- Support projects end-to-end from initial strategy design to complete execution and ongoing improvement management
- Constantly review the market environment and internal data to gain a deeper understanding and support strategic decisions
- Directly work with the CEO in driving outcomes of key projects, both from supporting planning and, at times, execution
- Enhance the ways of working across the leadership team, and find creative ways to connect projects with their objectives
What you need to be successful:
- 8+ years prior experience in either: A fast paced growth start-up/fintech, investment banking or management consulting.
- Worked in a similar role before closely with founding teams or CEOs.
- A quick learning ability, outstanding analytical skills and a structured way of thinking as well as an attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to calmly and confidently communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organisation
- An independent and proactive approach to new topics
- Project management skills: experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, manage multiple priorities and deliver results on-time
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create a process where one does not exist. Comfortable in a fast-moving, fluid environment
- A strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- Excellent analytical skills with robust excel/spreadsheets experience and proficient in project management and communications means and methods
- Team leadership
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo seeking to improve it (system thinking)
- Strong bias for action as well as finishing and implementing initiatives
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.