About the opportunity
Are you ready to kick-off your career in one of Europe’s most successful FinTechs? N26 is looking for a Credit Risk Associate Intern to further develop the credit risk function at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, establishing credit risk analytics tools, developing credit risk models based on state of the art data science and technology, as well as latest regulations in cooperation with leading business and tech experts, and taking a key role in assessing, controlling and reporting credit risks.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key contributor to further developing N26 credit risk models (e.g., PD, LGD, CCF, Debt-Servicing Coverage, Early Warning Systems) in order to accommodate N26 growth and risk leadership aspirations
- Methodologically support in preparing and executing modeling and calibration steps, evaluating the results, assisting the final model selection and documenting the results including description and motivation of all modeling choices made
- Shape credit risk management’s enabler role for Banking Products by helping to develop state-of-the-art credit solutions for N26's global customer base and supporting new products and markets processes through proper credit risk assessments
- Develop, backtest, monitor, and improve credit risk models and decisioning tools, using state-of-the-art econometrics and machine learning methods together with Data Science
- Support building an effective credit risk database from internal and external sources and using latest technologies (e.g., open banking) for automating and improving credit decisioning, monitoring and reporting
- Support further development of credit risk reporting at N26 group and continuously generate insights to support steering in accordance with the risk and business strategies
- Support running and improving quantitative credit risk management tools at N26 group across the credit lifecycle (credit decisioning, limit setting and monitoring, internal controls, NPL management)
- Support the implementation and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., MaRisk, GDPR, IFRS9) and applicable best practices (e.g., EBA/ECB/BaFin guidelines on internal models and on machine learning) for our credit risk model house in all relevant markets and segments
What you need to be successful:
- Quantitative academic background (e.g. applied mathematics, natural science, quantitative finance/economics, statistics/econometrics) with outstanding grades – finished BSc a plus
- First experience in financial services, retail credit risk management, and in financial technology is a plus
- Strong analytical and statistical skillset
- Experience with large data bases and ability to work with massive amounts of raw data (e.g., gathering, cleansing, structuring) and ability to independently generate insights
- Python and SQL programming skills, experience with Python scikit-learn library is a plus
- First practical retail credit risk modeling (PD, LGD, CCF) skills is a plus
- First experience in Machine Learning is a plus
- Basic understanding of credit risk KPIs is a plus
- Entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluent English, German is a plus
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.