We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $800 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
In this role you will be part of the Business Operations department, specifically in the Sourcing team. This team is responsible for the management of the source-to-contract process, for high-value and complex deals with our external vendors. As the Senior Tech Sourcing Manager, you will lead the Tech Sourcing Team that is made up of five FTE, which supports all key Tech sourcing topics at N26 under a company-wide procurement mandate.
The Senior Tech Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of high value procurement related activities and projects globally. This position requires a highly dynamic individual that will pivot between multiple categories but most importantly, provide thought leadership across our Tech Procurement Categories.
The Senior Tech Sourcing Manager will take a leadership role in developing the Sourcing Team to leverage sourcing tools and processes, to facilitate market research, identify optimal scenarios, and facilitate supplier negotiations, while ultimately driving improved efficiency and optimization from a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) perspective. This individual will be expected to build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders while driving optimal value for N26.
Once here you will
- Use your Procurement / Strategic Sourcing expertise and knowledge to up-skill colleagues and the wider business
- Partner with the senior leaders, within the Tech department to develop category strategies that deliver the optimum value for N26
- Collaborate with stakeholders across N26, as a true business partner to achieve the following:
Assist with the baselining of the Tech Category information (contract, spend and category context) to build a documentation base that will set up your future work for success
Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to reduce cost, minimise risk, ensure compliance, protect continuity of supply, and exploit industry developments that benefit N26
Ensure that all providers within your remit are compliant with the following regulatory requirements of N26: KWG, MaRisk, EBA Guidelines, BaFin Circular on Cloud-Outsourcing, BaIT, BCM and Schrems2
Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
Contribute to the healthy and fun culture within the Sourcing Team
Develop the best possible supply base for N26
What you will bring along
- Team / people management experience
- Strong knowledge across multiple technology related Procurement Categories
- Experience in customer data protection within technological tools, ideally in organisations operating on a global scale
- The ability to think and act strategically with clearly defined business objectives in mind and an entrepreneurial can-do mindset with a strong hands-on approach
- In-depth knowledge of best-in-class procurement processes - ideally in start-up or entrepreneurial contexts
- Knowledge of digital companies and their products, ideally in the area of financial institutions
- Outstanding people and business leadership skills, with a strong background in contributing to the setting up world-class operations
- Data is your friend! You drive success through analysis and numbers and aren't afraid to use these in making decisions
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English and German
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.