About the opportunity
You will be part of our Banking Operations leadership team, on a journey to build a cutting-edge service delivery organisation. In a regulated environment with high expectations towards service excellence, deep banking expertise and process excellence are the foundation of our success.
You have strong managerial skills and your expertise in the claims area (Garnishment, P-account and Insolvency), as well as process development skills and leading projects to gain efficiency for the team. You’ll lead and develop a team of dedicated professionals in order to deliver best-in-class global claims operations.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and develop a team of dedicated professionals ( 2 Team leads, 15+ Analysts/Associates and 15+ Outsourced Analysts to our Partner) in order to deliver best-in-class global banking operations Claims. From individual coaching to improving team performance, you will be the focal point of our claims banking operations team.
- Be responsible for controlling your team’s and partner performance in line with SLAs. Using key data and reports to inform your decisions and planning to cover our upcoming needs while ensuring that your team works diligently and always compliantly.
- Be a key stakeholder in cross department projects to improve the EtoE process and reduce the operational risks. You will work closely with the product team to enhance the customer and third parties experience and improve the efficiency of the processes.
- Have a strategic mindset, with a focus on risk management, financials and cost savings. Contribute to the overall Operations strategy and the N26 service delivery approach.
- Use your operational Claims expertise to redefine our processes and allow our team to thrive in the most efficient environment possible and build the most efficient digital Banking Operations.
- As this is a crucial role not just within the Banking Operations team, but also within the wider business and therefore you must have exceptional stakeholder management skills. If operational improvement, personal development and the opportunity to grow with a fast moving company inspires you, then apply below.
What you need to be successful:
- You are an experienced professional, with considerable experience in a retail banking environment and a proven track record in Claims Operations and continuous improvement.
- You bring an innovative mindset and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us deliver a best in class operations service.
- You have great interpersonal skills and first leadership experiences, work well under pressure and can deal with several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure.
- You are strong in focusing on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture.
- Data is your friend! You use data and research to inform your decision making. You have skills in both SQL and Excel (or Google Sheets).
- You have successfully completed a banking apprenticeship or hold a university degree in business studies (with a major in Banking & Finance) or a related field.
- Lastly, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and another European language is a bonus.
- Your experience with CRM and issue tracking tools is a plus (e.g. Salesforce & JIRA)
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.