About the opportunity
We are seeking an assured Lead Backend Engineer to join our expanding teams in Berlin or Barcelona to establish and deliver upon a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Lead Engineer at N26, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
- Working as part of global customer experience team you will take responsibility and technical ownership of the back end product development
- You will build architectures and write code that is able to fulfill the needs of our users and own it from idea over development to operations
- You will mentor and coach the team of back end engineers, cultivating DevSecOps culture and pragmatic engineering attitude
- You will drive the team's build-it-ship-it attitude by demonstrating healthy engineering practices and release frequently to production
- You will take a lead on back end development initiatives and will take all technical decisions that it needs to move forward quickly
- 5+ years of experience in building digital products in Java or/and Kotlin
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience leading developers, tech mentoring and working with cross-functional teams
- You are familiar with and enjoy working in Agile technical setup (e.g. Scrum, CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud).
- You have full professional proficiency in English and good communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- We offer a competitive salary based on your qualification and experience.
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.