About the opportunity
We are looking for a Head of Employment Law and Labour Relations to partner with the founders and executives in managing employee representation, communication and culture building. This is a new position at N26, and as such is an exciting high-growth opportunity. You will be able to have a strong impact, building the relationship with the German work councils.
You will be joining N26 to define the governance and communications strategy towards all employee representations. You will design the processes to ensure that the information flow to the works council is being managed in a compliant manner.
In addition to that, you will also be responsible for setting up the right processes to successfully implement and amend the global people guidelines, translating the employee relations strategy into policies, and processes to support the business in its operational delivery.
We are looking for a talented HR or Legal professional who will create synergy between leadership and our employee representations, and prepare N26 for the next phase of maturity. You will manage and take ownership of deliverables, share your technical expertise within the team, and work across a broad cross-functional range of stakeholders to drive change.
If you are passionate about leading with ownership and are ready to roll up your sleeves, this could be the perfect role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Keep a clear overview of all current topics, projects and deadlines related to our local work councils in Germany and our global employee representation
- Be a trustworthy person of contact for both the executive leadership team and our work councils and employee representations globally
- Handle all issues in a confidential and professional manner
- Prepare information and consultation of works councils and employee representations globally to advice on business decisions
- Be responsible for leading negotiations with external legal support
- Be proactive in finding solutions to adapt the business requirements to local regulations
What you need to be successful:
- Profound knowledge on HR Management and German Works Legislation
- HR experience including working with German work councils
- Fluent in German and English
- Have experience working with and supporting Legal topics
- Employment law background or legal degree would be a plus
- Experienced in organisational development and change management and you have a broad understanding of employee relations and social representation
- Prepare information/consultation documentation to support discussion with social partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organise, plan, and prioritise tasks
- Flexibility, the ability to meet deadlines, and changing direction when needed
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to connect at all levels of an organisation and to influence others
- Very strong communication and the ability to express complex legal related (and complex) topics in a clear, concise and pragmatic manner
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.