About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Head of Third-Party Risk Management to join and lead our Central Outsourcing Management team, reporting into the Director of Program and Outsourcing Management.
The Central Outsourcing Management team is a ‘second line of defense’ function and is responsible for: establishing the guidelines & standards, training & education, monitoring & controlling, and reporting to management.
The successful candidate will have a direct hand in shaping the future of this function and contribute to the success of the overall organization.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of IT and Non-IT outsourcing management staff in the 2nd line of defense.
- Be responsible for further developing N26 framework on outsourcing management on a bank as well as group-level (strategy, policy, processes and work instructions)
- Be driving the process to further develop and align N26 outsourcing strategy with top management (C-level) at N26
- Engage in fully aligning the processes in outsourcing management as an integral part of the end-to-end purchasing process
- Ensure that the methods, processes and tools used in the outsourcing management lifecycle comply with regulatory requirements
- Regular review of changes in regulation relevant to outsourcing management with impact analysis and clear calls-to-action for the organization.
- Enable your central outsourcing management (COSM) team to run all defined processes and use the defined methods
- Align with all functions (esp. 2nd Line of Defense functions) that play an important role in the outsourcing management processes
- Ensure that the business units run a constant monitoring of the services provided to them by external providers, based on adequate Service Level Agreements
- Perform aggregated reports based on a defined set of KPI/KRI that is based on SLA-monitoring and other sources
- Present aggregated reports to C-Level / other management functions and trigger necessary action, including mitigation measures
- Establish and perform trainings within the COSM team and bank wide focusing on employees with responsibility for services delivered to N26 by external providers
- Establish and run a comprehensive set of 2nd Line of Defense controls to ensure all outsourcing-related internal and external requirements are met by N26
- Support the assessment of the contingency and exit & termination-plans and -agreements and actively monitor the implementation of mitigation measures in close coordination with our Business Continuity Management (BCM) team
What you need to be successful:
- You have gained deep insights into the banking sector in Germany, experience in the fintech space is a plus.
- Good knowledge in relevant regulation and legal requirements driven by KWG, MaRisk, BAIT and EBA guidelines, practical experience in steering Cloud computing in the outsourcing lifecycle is a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the field of Outsourcing Management compliance and relevant governance concepts.
- Experience leading people and cross-functional stakeholders towards a common goal
- Excellent communication skills, you strive to work in a young and growing company, and it is in your nature to find pragmatic solutions
- Ability to present your findings on a high-level and report the set o all stakeholders on a cross functional level
- Confidence when it comes to challenging existing processes and supporting your arguments with backed-up reasoning
- Very good English language skills required. German is a plus.
- And of course passion to “built the Bank the world loves to use”
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.