About the opportunity
We are looking for a dynamic Team Lead to join our AFC Operations Department to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and relevant company policies related to Anti-Financial Crime. Our target in AFC is to lead and shape the industry by creating a culture of compliance within N26 that authorities, customers and stakeholders can trust. This role is crucial to achieve this goal
In this role, you will:
As AFC Operations Team Lead, you will support all Anti-Financial Crime tasks (including AML, anti terrorism financing, sanctions, KYC, and fraud) by leading a team of AFC Investigators.
As a people leader, you will be entrusted to ensure operational excellence of your team, while also ensuring the career development of your team with sound coaching and mentoring. You will play a key role in the implementation of the strategic roadmap of AFC Operations as a role model for operational expertise, but also a mentor for your market and wider organization. Your engagement with stakeholders outside AFC Operations will allow you to partner with the wider organisation, and enable successful cross functional initiatives.
You will be expected to support improvement projects with both internal and external impact; stay up-to-date with regulatory changes and ensure your team is aware and our processes are in line with these needs. Your clear vision and strategy for AFC Operations will be shared by the team and ensure successful implementation of improvement projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coach and empower your team members by inspiring them with a positive attitude, trust and focus.
- Grow your team with the right structure, size and capabilities by taking care of hiring and onboarding suitable and motivated candidates. Establish development plans for new and existing team members
- Review (and where required define) OKRs relevant for your team
- Participate in the implementation of the strategic roadmap of AFC Operations.
- Actively engage in presenting your projects and ideas to the wider organisation.
- Ensure risk awareness in the team and mitigation of risks with relevant action plans.
- Active engagement in interbanking exchanges by utilising your strong knowledge of regulations and industry best practices
- Use data to track KPIs, reach SLAs and make forecasts
- Participate in the design and implementation of Compliance operational procedure and process
What you need to be successful:
- You have a proven track record of relevant experience in Anti Financial Crime, AML and/or Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or similar qualification
- Previous people management experience preferred
- Exposure to the Italian regulator requirements with an extensive understanding of the local AML regulatory framework
- In-depth knowledge of regulations on Financial Crime, AML, terrorism financing, fraud, KYC
- You are fluent in English and Italian
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Demonstration of data analytics mindset in decision making.
- You are detail oriented, diligent and reliable.
- You have a hands-on mentality and take on ownership.
- Ability to manage operational requests as senior expert for the team.
- Knowledgeable about all the processes and tools relevant for your area, with an ability to advise and coach teams to optimize their work.
- Fundamentally increasing efficiency and scalability of AFC Operations processes & tasks by driving and supporting initiatives and projects.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.