About the opportunity
Here at N26 the Internal IT team is continuously trying to optimize and automate manual tasks to cope with the tremendous growth of the company, moving away from the traditional IT into a more DevSecOps approach relying on technology to empower people.
A Technical Delivery Manager helps by self-organising teams achieve company goals with just enough process to be predictable, scalable and continuously improving.
The role of the Technical Delivery Manager is to help plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize and schedule delivery of Internal IT projects helping to improve the overall employee experience, compliance and security of N26. This will involve executing projects that are highly technical in nature to deploy new technologies and services to all N26 employees and partners globally. This individual will develop and maintain strategic plans, team roadmap, project plans, sprint deliverables & regular status updates to help the department scale and support rapidly expanding Internal IT operations.
If you like to think out of the box, automate all the things and make people's lives easier, we are looking for you!
In this role, you will:
- Engage with corporate user groups, stakeholders and management teams to ensure IIT is delivering the correct program requirements
- Strategic planning including detailed build requirements, project coordination & scheduling, contractor selection, budget management, and procurement
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to research new designs and cutting edge technologies to solve complex business problems
- Effectively communicate the status of all projects across the department, highlighting issues or conflicts between teams to stakeholders and management
- Create and publish a weekly summary that outlines the state of projects across the department
- Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
- Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
- Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers
- Providing project leadership to vendor and partner teams and other cross-functional departments to successfully implement the scope of the project
- Developing metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives
- Develop and lead updates to the design standards and specifications for consistency and maximum system reliability
- Conducting project kick-off meetings and clearly communicating individual project roles and expectations
- Ensuring all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively
- Assist with the development of the team’s monthly global staff meeting materials
- Remove impediments/blockers in order to keep teams productive
- Manage vendors to ensure adherence to SLAs and expectations
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and technical competence
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity
What you need to be successful:
- Project management experience working on large scale international projects
- Demonstrated delivery capability for large complex technology projects
- Experience managing external vendors to successfully deliver projects
- Experience with Vendor Management & Contract Negotiation
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Ability to hit the ground running in fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English and German
Nice to have:
- PMP certification
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful.
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Strong bias for action.
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies - all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.