About the opportunity
We are seeking a responsible and enthusiastic Data Engineer to improve the infrastructure of our database, contribute to the constant improvement of reliability and efficiency of our database and to roll out new projects.Our team is designing, scaling and maintaining databases, developing tools to work with them and assisting Backend engineers with any related tasks. We believe that the database infrastructure is the foundational part of our tech stack and provides endless opportunities to learn and explore new ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the improvement of the infrastructure of the database at N26 by architecting, maintaining, engineering solutions
- Work closely with our software engineers to provide them with the best infrastructure possible.
- Be involved in everything related to relational (and also NoSQL) databases: design, maintenance, migrations, administration, configuration, etc.
- Take part in efforts to scale and improve the N26 Data Warehouse
- Educate developers and engineers about the best practices in clean database design
- Perform audits of existing databases, figure out possible improvements and ways toimplement them efficiently
What you need to be successful:
- At least 4 years of experience in Data Engineering Skills:
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL (experience with MySQL is a plus).
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (preferably Python).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus.
- Infrastructure as code
- English full professional proficiency
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, discounted fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 24 markets. We employ more than 1,500 employees across 3 office locations in Berlin, Vienna and Barcelona. Besides the main offices, N26 also has local offices in Paris, Madrid, Milan, and São Paolo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.