About the opportunity
Are you ready for your next career step? We are seeking a Manager Non-Financial Risk & Resilience to join our Risk Management team. This is a unique opportunity to drive the non-financial risk management at a cutting edge technology-driven bank. You will take full ownership for various non-financial risk and resilience topics and work across functions, products, and markets to assess, control, and report non-financial risks N26 is exposed to.
In this role, you will:
- Continuously develop the non-financial risk framework to ensure operational resilience, process efficiency, and adherence to the latest legal and regulatory requirements
- Be key contributor in establishing the Non-Financial Risk function as a cross-sectional risk governance function across Risk Management, Compliance/Anti-Financial Crime, Information Security Management, Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing, etc.
- Support the regular and ad hoc risk assessment process, as well as the internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP) by providing input to adverse non-financial risk scenarios
- Continuously improve data-driven non-financial risk reporting to provide management and advisory board with actionable insights on N26’s overall risk profile
- Transform the impact of legal and regulatory requirements for non-financial risks into actionable measures
- Further develop and an align the processes of risk event reporting, incident management and crisis management
- Take ownership of one or more topics as it pertains to Operational Resilience, aligning with relevant principles and standards (e.g., BCBS 516, EU DORA)
What you need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant areas
- 5+ years of professional experience in Non-Financial Risk Management (including Business Continuity Risk, ICT Risk, Third Party Risk Management) gained in banking/financial services or in a consulting firm
- Experience in or sound knowledge of Operational Resilience principles and standards applicable to the financial industry
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, creativity, critical thinking, as well as ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Excellent communication skills both on technical and on managerial level
- Sound knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements and common industry standards
- Experience in GRC technology would be an advantage
- Track record in project delivery
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluency in English is required, German is a plus
- Strong topic ownership and bias for action
- Critical thinking and drive to improve the status quo
- Passion for risk management, internal controls, and complex problem-solving
- Both attention to details and strong conceptual thinking
- Flexibility in a fast-changing and agile environment
- Actively help yourself and the team to be successful
- Will to continuously learn and act upon direct feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.