About the opportunity
We are currently looking for an AFC Analytics, Modelling & Reporting (AMR) Manager to join our international Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Management team. You have an excellent background of the regulatory obligations around Transaction Monitoring (TM) and some hands-on experience in analysing and using data to build and configure analytical models (including Machine Learning). You gathered some people management experience and have an addiction to work in a high pace and tech driven environment.
You will lead a small team of highly motivated and diverse staff to develop and optimise industry leading TM models using advanced technologies to cover Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Fraud and Sanctions risk. On top of that you will be responsible for managing small projects to support the Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLROs) in fulfilling their regulatory obligations.
In this role, you will
- Work within a high performance team (AMR) that is the central point of contact for all AFC modelling, reporting and analytics tasks, working cross functionally with various teams
- Lead the Modelling team to build and optimise best in class AFC models
- Establish an industry aligned standard to build models for Transaction Monitoring, Customer Risk and many more that ensures effective risk coverage and cutting-edge financial crime detection, utilising advanced meta data and machine learning where possible
- Improve processes and work closely with the Data Team to create new tools and find new innovative solutions to tackle financial crime
- Create high level statistical analysis to segment customer behaviour and develop targeted solutions to prevent sophisticated financial crime activity
- Create a lean approach to continuous calibrate and optimise AFC models
- Apply designed processes/approaches to a new scalable model platform and drive the creation of efficient models on that
- Manage AMR projects including stakeholder management and PMO task
What you need to be successful
- A university degree in mathematics, economics, computer science, data science, information management, statistics or other relevant areas,
- Professional experience gained in an anti-financial crime, compliance or risk management role, ideally with at least 5+ years,
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, financial crime risk assessment, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes, and screening,
- Strong analytics skills including the knowledge of a query language e.g. SQL, required,
- Expertise in an analytical programming language like Python or R would be a plus,
- Good experience in leading and collaborating with people,
- A professional Financial Crime qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS) would be beneficial,
- Fluent in English, German is a plus,
- Hardworking, team worker and strong attention to detail,
- Good project management, strong communication and presentation skills,
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 7 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.