We are looking for a Banking Operations Excellence senior Manager with substantial experience in delivering operations excellence on a global scale. You will be part of our Banking Operations leadership team, on a journey to build a cutting-edge service delivery organization. In a regulated environment with high expectations towards service excellence, deep banking expertise and process excellence are the foundation of our success.
Once here you will
Lead and develop a team of dedicated professionals (10+) in order to deliver best-in-class global banking operations Excellence across Banking Operations (on a broad range of processes such as payments, credit, dunning & collections, account & customer data, garnishments, cards & chargeback and further)
Contribute to the overall Operations strategy and the N26 service delivery approach. Build and support the Banking Operations key metrics and OKRs, and advance initiatives that ultimately support these objectives, including their reporting.
Ensure with your team and the different stakeholders the readiness in case of a new product or market, and take all the necessary actions to secure the launches.
Improve end-to-end process effectiveness and efficiency in line with the commitments on respective local regulation for existing and for new markets. Proactively find opportunities to explore and implement new technologies that harness the full potential of our unique banking model and our infrastructure - prioritized in a proper roadmap, developed with internal stakeholders.
With your process Improvement experience, you support the continuous improvement framework in the department. You proactively identify, prioritise and manage key projects and opportunities to independently scope and execute end-to-end, improve through standardisation and automation, support Change Management and challenge the Status Quo.
Using a data-driven approach, refine and further develop key metrics to measure quality and efficiency of our banking processes and services. You define metrics to monitor, analyse and improve processes and performance together with the reporting associates in your team and the data team. Create and maintain the necessary infrastructure to track business impact of improvement initiatives and changes.
Carry the voice of the customer within the team and in collaboration with others to initiate and implement actions to improve the quality of services delivered to our customer base.
As a key stakeholder on risk management, you ensure to proactively manage the risk. Help the operational teams with the analysis of incidents, and with the implementation of workarounds formulate solutions to mitigate risks and minimize the impact for our customers.
Implement and improve communication formats to ensure bilateral communication with the operational teams, Product and other stakeholders, incl. market-facing improvement roadmap
What you need to be successful:
Background & Skills
- You have extensive experience and a proven track record as a leader in European operations, including areas such as excellence team, project management and continuous improvement.
- You bring demonstrated people leadership experience, with a track record of building and leading high-performing excellence teams
- You bring an innovative and customer-oriented mindset and a strong delivery mentality with a focus on execution. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us delivering best-in-class banking services
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to connect at all levels of an international organization
- Comfort with both written and verbal communication. English language proficiency is a must, additional languages relevant to our markets are a plus
- Analytical mindset and an ability to monitor and analyze data and use this to inform, prioritize and guide your management decisions
- You have successfully completed a banking apprenticeship and/or hold a university degree in business studies (with major in Banking & Finance) or a related field.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.