AFC Operations Investigator - "Rest of Europe" Team
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced AFC Operations Second Level support excited to elevate our digital banking experience for the "Rest of Europe" markets, while simultaneously supporting other European markets.
In this role, you will:
- As an AFC Investigator, your experience and knowledge will support the broader AFC Operations team in complex Financial Crime escalations or cases not covered in our processes
- You will be responsible for enhancing our due diligence, and expanding the process of our rulebook.
- Draft and submit complex Suspicious Activity Reports (Sars) to the corresponding authorities.
- Support phone calls from external parties, and handling complex cases based on our N26 rulebook.
- Engage with cross functional teams to support complex AFC cases, or topics impacting other areas i.e. Money Laundering Reporting officer, Vendor Managers, Project Management Office.
- Responsible for complaints management of [insert language/market], and SARs activity reports.
- Lead general, KYC, fraud, identification, investigation and evaluation of suspicious account activities
- Detection of money laundering typologies and suspicious patterns
- Investigate the alerts generated by our internal transaction monitoring systems
What you need to be successful:
- You have proven track record with relevant banking experience in Anti Financial Crime or Compliance and/or
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in law, business or finance) preferred, but not essential
- In-depth knowledge of regulations on Financial Crime, AML, terrorism financing, fraud, KYC
- You are fluent in English and German
- You are detail oriented, diligent and reliable
- You have a hands-on mentality and take on ownership
- You should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, show high willingness to learn and work autonomously to grasp new topics
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.