About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate Payment Operations Associate to support our payments team. In this role you will play a pivotal role in our Payments Team engaging with different teams and stakeholders. You will also have the amazing chance to engage with an incredible dedicated team who puts the customer experience in the forefront of everything they do - and have fun while at it!
To this end, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Associate who will provide us with expert support in our daily tasks.
In this role, you will:
- You will work with the team on crucial processes across the multiple payment schemes (SWIFT / SEPA) that make up the reconciliations landscape of N26.
- You will work on all processes in your area with a substantial degree of autonomy, and be the first person at hand if any issues arise.
- You detect inefficiencies in the team’s workflows proactively and propose efficient solutions.
- You will be the first point of contact if any escalations arise.
- Proactively improve our processes and make them even more efficient.
- Use your knowledge and experience to give impulses and advance various projects.
- Your passion for innovation and automation will allow you to make a tangible and credible impact on our business.
What you need to be successful:
- Your professional experience (at least 2 years) in Payments will help you to be successful in our fast moving environment.
- You hold a relevant university degree with a major in Economics, Business, Banking or Finance or you have completed a bank apprenticeship.
- Experience with reconciliations of different payment schemes as well as internal accounts is a plus.
- You speak English fluently. German, Italian, French or Spanish will be a plus.
- You bring an innovative mindset with focus on execution and a drive to actively participate in the company's life.
- You are comfortable working in a highly driven, international team and with a substantial degree of autonomy.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, experience with CRM and ticketing systems (e.g. Salesforce & JIRA) as well as process management tools (Confluence) are an advantage.
- You use your time effectively, are able to prioritise appropriately and meet deadlines.
- You are committed and eager to learn and want to drive the improvement and optimization of our processes.
- You are a team player and are able to understand the bigger picture of an organization
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way together as well!
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Germany’s Top Startup Employers, named by LinkedIn three years in a row 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.