About the opportunity:
As Tax Specialist – Financial Products you will find a unique opportunity with us to be directly involved in the development of a new user experience in Banking. You will be supporting us with your tax expertise in the definition, building and maintenance of a tax engine that allows accurate and timely withholding of taxes from the investment income generated for our customers and any related reporting obligations. This includes the end-to-end management of N26’s FATCA, CRS and other local tax information reporting obligations towards tax authorities globally. This is a hands-on role working closely with the Product and Tech teams at N26 and reporting directly to N26’s Global Head of Tax.
Once here you will:
- Defining and communicating the withholding tax and related tax certification and tax reporting requirements (mainly in Germany) for N26’s financial products with a particular focus on Trading
- Identification of tax risks and the development of solutions to aid decision-making
- Filing of N26’s tax information reports to tax authorities globally (e.g. for FATCA/CRS)
- Working closely with the Product, Tech and Legal teams at N26 to help ensure that set tax requirements are being implemented and met on an ongoing basis
- Support in managing tax audits related to withholding taxes and tax information reports
- Automating any reporting processes as far as possible
What you will bring along:
- Degree in Finance or Tax
- Qualification as German tax advisor or at least in preparation
- Operational and technical expertise in the area of withholding taxes for German financial institutions
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant job experience in the tax department of a financial service company or in a tax consulting / auditing firm working with clients in the financial services sector
- Excellent operational thinking, load-bearing capacity
- Programming affinity and process-oriented thinking are a plus
- Fluent written and spoken German and English are a must, additional language knowledge is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.