About the opportunity
We are looking for a dynamic leader to push our business even further on our current journey, with a real understanding of what it takes to capture market share and grow an expanding user base. This person will be responsible for N26 throughout the DACH & Northern Europe regions, accountable in defining and executing the market strategy.
With 7 million customers, operating in 24 global markets and close to 1,500 employees, N26 is an innovator and leader within the digital banking space. Since 2015, when our first product was launched, N26 has democratised banking, changing the way individuals engage with their finances. No longer is financial confidence the domain of a few, no longer is day-to-day engagement with finances a difficult action - N26 puts banking and finance at the heart of the users life, empowering them to control, interact and manage their financial world, with a press of a button!
With more than $1.8b raised and more to come, N26 provides employees the platform to work with an incredible brand, super bright colleagues and ultimately, make a meaningful difference.
Once here you will...
- Take responsibility for the Growth and development of N26 in its home market, Germany, as well as in Austria, Switzerland and across Northern Europe (including Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein)
- Develop and orchestrate an actionable, data-backed, cross-functional country strategy to win in the market and become the most relevant banking player in the region
- Be a trusted partner to the Executive Leadership Team on all aspects of your local region, including but not limited to an ambitious growth strategy, profitability strategy and optimisation as well as local market product needs
- Be the public representative of N26 in the DACH region, most notably in N26’s home market Germany, towards journalists, TV and other public stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire a team of local country experts to implement the country strategy across the organisation
- Refine N26’s commercial proposition in the DACH region and fuel customer growth through existing or new user acquisition channels
- Lead our DACH marketing team, building up buzz and excitement about our revolutionary product and build a powerful long-lasting brand
- Identify and lead major business development / partnership opportunities
- Bundle in-depth expertise of the DACH market and collaborate with our product team, in order to expand existing and new features and products while incorporating specific local considerations
- Oversee market specific operational and legal topics - you're a high-performing all-rounder and can take charge of all verticals!
What you’ll bring along...
- You are a dynamic senior spokesperson with experience in public speaking and public relations (100% fluency of the German language required)
- Deep understanding of the German consumer tech and/or retail banking market
- Demonstrated experience in FinTech, consumer platforms, digital environments or financial services - even better, all of the above
- Excellent commercial and analytical skills, you can easily evaluate data and use this as a powerful force in decision making
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong customer, product and business-oriented thinking
- A solid understanding of the business case behind retail banking as well as the competitive landscape in Germany and Austria - you know why N26 is better than its competitors and can position us against them
- Track record of building and growing a business as well as delivering high impact projects successfully
- A hands-on mentality, with a natural aptitude to manage competing priorities
- A strong local network, easily opening doors for N26
What we offer
- Join N26 at the most exciting phase of our growth
- Working with a team of international, highly engaged peers
- Taking a leadership role in one of the most existing tech companies in Europe
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Be part of a team driven by excellence, teamwork and fun
- Free N26 premium card membership
- Individual personal development budget