Senior PR Specialist Austria
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, New York, Sao Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and engaged PR Specialist to join N26’s DACH team. Based out of our Vienna office, this team member will join a PR division that is made up of industry specialists of 8 nationalities based across Europe and the US, and tasked with growing the awareness and reputation of N26 in ways that are meaningful, impactful and sustainable.
The PR Specialist for Austria will support the planning, execution and delivery of the Austrian PR strategy for N26 across mainstream and consumer media, with specific focus building awareness for N26 as a consumer brand that helps empower customers to be more confident about their finances.
In close collaboration with local and global PR teams, the Austrian PR Specialist will drive local communications efforts to strengthen our brand relevance and reputation in Austria.
This team member will be responsible for driving impact with consumer and product storytelling with mainstream, lifestyle and business press, as well as coordinating media opportunities, speaking engagements and press events.
In this role, you will:
- Co-create the PR Strategy for Austria and drive its execution for N26 across different channels, in close alignment with the company’s global PR strategy
- Develop local PR campaigns around product launches, cultural highlights and media hooks to support the global and local PR strategy
- Grow a strong network of media contacts along relevant media and opinion leaders, and act as go-to-person for all their requests, notably for mainstream and consumer media
- Work alongside the General Manager DACH, Market Lead Austria, Senior DACH PR Specialist and DACH marketing team to increase awareness of N26 in key audiences
- Work in close collaboration with the Marketing team (Content, Social Media, Partnership, SEO) to align and coordinate global & local campaigns
- Coordinate projects with our external PR agency where relevant
- Drive impact through creative and clever consumer stories, angles and activations
- Effectively measure the success of your activities
- 3-5 years of professional experience in journalism and/ or media relations, either in a PR agency or an in-house PR / communications department
- Academic degree in Public Relations, Communications or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in working in a fast paced tech focused organization / working for clients from the consumer or tech space
- Deep knowledge of the cultural, lifestyle and consumer tech media landscape in Austria with a strong network of media contacts across mainstream and consumer lifestyle media
- Deep knowledge of traditional communications and the PR craft, with an appetite to disrupt the status quo
- Experience in working with or coordinating a PR agency
- Ability to develop and adjust storytelling across different audiences such as tech, business, finance, lifestyle & end consumers
- Creative storyteller that can proactively identify opportunities to create content that can be shared widely
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities in a rapidly growing and changing working environment and delivering solutions where they count
- Capable of making decisions in high-pressure situations while maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills, as well as the affinity to adapt communication styles across a variety of audiences
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create things better
- Flourishes in a fast-paced environment
- Accurate, meticulous, with high attention to detail
- You are well organized and a self-starter
- You are excited to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You enjoy enabling others to drive team success
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers in a global team of more than 80 nationalities
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- A get-things-done attitude
- The starting range for this position starts at 45,000 gross per year and is dependent on your profile and previous experience
- Annual Personal Development Budget
- Public transportation discount and fitness memberships at reduced rates
- N26 premium bank card and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.