About the opportunity
We are currently looking for an Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Manager Advisory, Intelligence & Standards to join our international AFC Management Team.
You have a strong regulatory, internal controls and AFC risk management background in an international setting and an addiction to a high pace and tech driven environment. You will work with a team of highly motivated and diverse staff. You will deal with a well-integrated broad array of governance, AFC risk management and compliance-related topics covering Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Fraud Prevention and Sanctions and support the MLROs in fulfilling their regulatory obligations.
In addition, you are able to assist the European Branches, specifically Spain, in order to fulfill the local regulatory requirements and control mitigation measures, acting as Deputy MLRO for Spain.
In this role you will:
- Work with a high performance team that is the central point of contact for all AFC Advisory, Intelligence and Standards tasks
- Support the Spanish Branch and act as the Deputy MLRO for Spain, working closely with the Spanish MLRO and represent him/her during his/her absence
- Draft and implement AFC Group policy standards according to the business, the inherent AFC risk and the regulatory framework
- Draft and maintain a state of the art AFC Group Risk Assessment and derive a risk based control plan
- Update, maintain and execute a risk based control plan and escalate, document and follow-up on any identified weaknesses
- Define and observe the compliance of service levels with the bank’s outsourcing partners
- Support on quality assurance measures for alignment with group requirements and regulatory needs
- Support in enhancement and review of the design and operating effectiveness of AFC control framework
- Provide AFC advisory to the business, legal, operations and other functions to ensure compliance with the Group standards
- Screen and assess regulatory developments both locally and internationally and ensure compliance by working towards the implementation of required measures
- Lead response of audits and resolving of potential findings
- Assist with requests from external bodies in Spain, e.g. from regulators or prosecutors offices
- Provide analysis and guidance in identifying possible AFC or reputational risks affecting the bank, in connection with current or new market activities and products
- Create and design impactful AFC training and educational materials
- Preparation and delivery of regular, ad hoc and periodic AFC reports to be provided to senior management
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree in economics, law, business, or other relevant areas,
- Professional experience gained in an anti-financial crime or compliance or risk management role, ideally with at least 5+ years
- A professional Financial Crime qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS) would be beneficial
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Ability to relate to the Authorities
- Hardworking, team worker and attentive to detail
- Strong analytical, advisory, communication and presentation skills, and initiative are among your strengths
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, financial crime risk assessment, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes, and screening
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.