Senior AFC Strategy and Administration Manager
About the opportunity
Our target in the Anti-Financial Crime team is to lead and shape the industry by creating a culture of compliance within N26 that authorities, customers (and shareholders) can trust. This role is crucial to achieve this goal.
We are seeking a passionate and driven Anti-Financial Crime Operations (AFCO) Senior AFC Strategy and Administration Manager to help us elevate our anti-financial crime (AFC) operations to new heights. Your extensive background in Financial Crime and banking regulations, world-class project management skills and strategic vision & leadership, will allow you to implement and drive multiple cross-functional initiatives. In this position, you will drive and ensure AFCO key initiatives deliver impactful results to our customers, regulatory bodies, teams and the broader organization. Furthermore, you will ensure strategic alignment by cooperating with high-level stakeholders and external partners, translating it into valuable and actionable improvements, enhancing our capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with C-level and senior management in support of Anti-Financial Crime and Crime Prevention related projects: new market entries, international growth, operational excellence, continuous process improvement, and relationship management.
- Drive the implementation and execution of high-impact, beginning-to end, cross-divisional initiatives related to AFC Operations with our banking, finance, international expansion and tech and product team to their successful completion.
- Translate regulatory banking, and financial crime regulations into courses of action for our financial crime operation team.
- Represent the Anti-Financial Crime organization in strategic planning and discussions with internal and external stakeholders, including third parties and regulatory bodies.
- Drive key projects that enhance our Anti Money Laundering capability while engaging with teams and key stakeholders across the N26 organization
- Shape the strategy for specific financial crime control processes and for the AFC Operations function as a whole.
- Work closely with our front line teams to analyse, improve and optimise processes, help with their recruiting needs and control AFC Operations payments and costs.
- Prepare AML and other Financial Crime related management information for reporting.
- Extensive professional experience consulting high-level stakeholders in the banking and finance industry.
- You have a seasoned AML background, preferably working as a Operations Manager in the financial industry within a fast-paced environment
- with a successful track record in financial crime, improvement, data analytics, project / change management, and strategy and business management
- N26 is an industry disrupter and because of that we are looking for innovative minds and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company
- Exceptionally strong communication and strategic decision making skills with a successful track record of designing and implementing end-to-end projects
- Proven leadership and strategy exposure gained through simplifying complex anti-financial crime, compliance or risk management processes.
- Your people centric culture pave the way for a strong people team performance.
- Sound experience in Financial Crime or Anti Money Laundry activities with strong knowledge of European Union and United States banking regulations
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, risk analysis, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes
- Fluent in English, with additional fluency in an european language. I.e. German, French, Spanish or Italian
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.