About the opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated New York based compliance professional to join our U.S. compliance team. As a Compliance Associate, your role will be instrumental in maintaining a best in class compliance department at a fast-paced international FinTech. The ideal candidate is versed with U.S. banking laws and regulations, and looking for a unique opportunity to help scale our growing U.S. business.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the administration and ongoing oversight of our U.S. compliance programs, and N26 Group compliance standards applicable to the U.S
- Collaborate effectively with our Product and Tech organizations to build scalable and compliant customer facing products and processes
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders and draft memoranda on A-Z regulatory and AML compliance topics
- Help to establish, review, and maintain supervisory policies and procedures designed to prevent violations of laws and regulations
- Implement risk assessments and conduct periodic testing and monitoring to assess the adequacy of N26’s policies, procedures and controls
- Assist in implementing corrective actions as identified by any testing programs
- Support with administration of regulatory compliance and AML training programs
- Help with timely and accurate regulatory reporting
- Monitor marketing activities and review proposals, marketing materials, customer communications, and social media submissions, as appropriate
- Assess compliance risks arising from new products and services, and review policies and procedures and process changes to mitigate risk
What you need to be successful:
- 2-5 years of experience working with financial institutions (preferably FinTechs)
- “Getting to yes" attitude
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy
- You have an intrinsic adaptability and ability to grow with new challenges. An “Out of the box” mindset, pragmatic thinking are among your strengths
- Ability to manage special projects and corporate initiatives and improve processes
The qualities that lie at the heart of our interview process include candidate experience, equal opportunity and transparency. With these guiding principles in mind, our process is designed to allow both parties to get a better understanding of what working with each other would look and feel like. Here are the steps you can expect throughout your interview experience with us:
- Screening Call - the screening call will be your first touchpoint in clarifying the framework conditions for the role
- Hiring Manager Interviews - your next step will be a conversation with the hiring manager who can provide you with more information specific to the day-to-day expectations for the position
- Final/Team Interviews - finally, meeting key stakeholders and peers who you would be working with is an important last step in allowing both parties to engage in meaningful conversations to help make a final decision
Interviewing for a new role is a big deal, and we know that. We appreciate you considering N26 as the next step in your career. The Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Who we are
N26 is the mobile banking platform that is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
N26 launched in the U.S. in 2019 and already has over 500,000 customers. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 7 million customers in 25 markets across the world. The company employs more than 1,500 employees across 8 office locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.