About the opportunity
Are you ready for your next career step? N26 is looking for a Credit Risk Manager – Mortgages to further develop the credit risk function at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, establishing credit risk management and controlling tools, developing credit risk models based on state of the art data science as well as latest regulations, and taking a key role in assessing, controlling and reporting mortgage credit risks.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key contributor to further developing N26 credit risk management in order to accommodate N26 growth and risk leadership aspirations
- Shape credit risk management’s enabler role for product management by helping to develop state-of-the-art credit solutions for N26’s global customer base and supporting new products and markets processes through proper credit risk assessments, especially in the mortgage segment
- Develop, backtest and improve risk management and controlling tools using mathematical-statistical methods, especially for collateral valuation and LGD models
- Build an effective data base from internal and external data sources for automating and improving credit decisioning, monitoring and reporting
- Further develop mortgage credit risk reporting at N26 group and continuously generate insights to support steering in accordance with the risk and business strategies
- Support running and improving the risk management of the credit business at N26 group (incl. risk appetite, retail credit risk policies and decision making frameworks, limit setting and monitoring, internal controls, NPL management)
- Support the implementation and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements for the credit risk management system in all relevant markets and segments
What you need to be successful:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (natural sciences, mathematics, computer science, business/economics with focus on statistics/econometrics, or similar)
- 3+ years of professional experience in financial services and credit risk management, preferably in mortgage lending, and with experience in financial technology
- Strong analytical and statistical skill set;
- Expertise in credit risk models and methods (e.g., credit decisioning systems, PD and LGD models, property valuation models, credit portfolio models) for the retail mortgages business, experience with credit bureaus is a plus
- Extended experience in mortgage credit processes and collateral valuation, ideally familiar with housing markets in different (European) countries
- Experience across entire credit risk model lifecycle (i.e., data preparation, statistical modelling, IT implementation, monitoring, validation), programming skills in R/Python and SQL are a plus
- Experience in risk reporting and good understanding of underlying credit risk KPIs
- Solid understanding of mortgage lending processes across the entire value chain (e.g., loan origination, monitoring and early warning systems, loan loss provisioning, collection, NPL management) and ability to cover them in accordant policies
- Sound knowledge and implementation experience in credit risk regulation, focusing on Basel Pillar II; expertise in German regulation (e.g., MaRisk) and/or IFRS 9 is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both on technical and on managerial level
- Track record in project delivery
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluent English, German
- Strong topic ownership and bias for action
- Critical thinking and drive to improve the status quo
- Passion for data and complex problem-solving
- Both attention to details and strong conceptual thinking
- Flexibility in a fast-changing environment
- Actively help yourself and the team be successful
- Will to continuously learn and act upon direct feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.