About the opportunity
Are you ready for your next career step? N26 is looking for a Senior Risk Associate with focus on treasury and investment management control to further develop the risk controlling function at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, establishing risk management and controlling tools, developing risk models as well as implementing latest regulations, and taking a key role in assessing, controlling and reporting treasury risks.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key contributor to further developing N26 risk management in order to accommodate N26 growth and risk leadership aspirations
- Support the implementation and adherence to regulatory requirements for risk controlling (e.g. MaRisk, ICAAP guidelines, EBA guidelines)
- Support running and improving the risk management of the treasury and investment management business at N26 group (incl. market/credit risk and RWA calculation, risk appetite, risk policies and decision making frameworks, limit setting and monitoring, internal controls)
- Contribute to the preparation of back office votes and the corresponding risk assessment
- Regularly perform risk inventory as well as backtesting and stress tests for the relevant risks using mathematical-statistical methods
- Further develop risk reporting at N26 group and continuously generate insights to support steering in accordance with the risk and business strategies
What you need to be successful:
- Master’s degree in business/economics or similar with a quantitative focus
- 3+ years of professional experience in financial services and risk management
- Strong analytical and statistical skill set
- Experience in risk reporting and good understanding of underlying treasury and investment portfolio KPIs
- Solid understanding of the overall ICAAP and relevant methods (e.g., risk bearing capacity, risk inventory, capital planning, PD and LGD models and historical simulation)
- Sound knowledge and implementation experience in risk management regulation, focusing on Basel Pillar II; expertise in German regulation (e.g., MaRisk, CRR ICAAP guidelines; MaSan and SAG is a plus)
- Profound programming skills in VBA; R is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both on technical and on managerial level
- Track record in project delivery
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluent English, German
- Strong topic ownership and bias for action
- Critical thinking and drive to improve the status quo
- Passion for data and complex problem-solving
- Both attention to details and strong conceptual thinking
- Flexibility in a fast-changing environment
- Actively help yourself and the team be successful
- Will to continuously learn and act upon direct feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.