About the opportunity
Are you ready for your next career step? N26 is looking for a quantitative Credit Reporting Associate to further develop the credit risk function at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, implementing credit risk management and controlling tools, supporting the development of credit monitoring and credit portfolio management based on state of the art data science as well as latest regulations, and taking a key role in assessing, controlling and reporting credit risks.
In this role, you will:
- Supporting N26 credit risk management in order to accommodate N26 growth and risk leadership aspirations
- Developing and implementing state-of-the art credit risk reporting and monitoring solutions to further improve data-driven decision making processes
- Extracting, cleaning and aggregating data from various data sources, identifying opportunities for further growth and improved risk management and communicating your results to the credit risk management team and senior management.
- Supporting the development and backtesting of N26’s internal rating systems and credit decision models
- Collaborating with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to build an efficient and integrated DWH, reporting and modelling architecture
- Supporting the Product team developing products’ backend and data structures to allow for improved efficiency related to reporting, risk management and regulatory compliance on a global scale
- Identifying and evaluating new external data sources, support their integration into N26’ systems
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (natural sciences, mathematics, computer science, business/economics with focus on statistics/econometrics, or similar)
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial services and credit risk management, preferably in consumer lending, and with experience in financial technology
- Outstanding analytical skills. Deep understanding of SQL for analytics, proven experience with Python or R as a data analytics and scripting language
- Experience with financial and/or risk reporting, good understanding of regulatory framework regarding rating systems and risk parameters PD, LGD and EAD; experience with IRB and IFRS 9 is a plus
- Solid understanding of consumer lending processes across the entire value chain (e.g., loan origination, monitoring and early warning systems, loan loss provisioning, collection, NPL management)
- Excellent communication skills both on technical and on managerial level
- Track record in project delivery
- Fluent English, German
- Passion for data and complex problem-solving
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.