About the opportunity
We are seeking a Tech Lead to establish, and deliver upon a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Tech Lead at N26, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
In this role, you will
- Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt
- You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team, shipping it into production on at least a daily basis.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic N26 engineering attitude
- Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture and discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
- Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger
What you need to be successful
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including Java 8 or Kotlin
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code
- Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Who we are
N26 is the mobile banking platform that is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
N26 launched in the U.S. in 2019 and already has over 500,000 customers. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 7 million customers in 25 markets across the world. The company employs more than 1,500 employees across 8 office locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.