About the Role
The WFM Forecasting Analyst has substantial experience in statistical modelling, forecasting and planning skills to analyse, interpret and validate workforce and demand data. You will be the internal go-to-person for forecasting and capacity planning related questions and support in analysis of key initiatives and challenge existing measurement frameworks.
- Develop the approach, methodology and tools to forecast resource requirements across teams and work types to meet customer demand and service levels.
- Partner with Growth, Membership, and Product Teams to understand the key drivers of volume and incorporate them into the forecasting and planning process.
- Provide consultative support for the leadership team, guiding and advising to develop effective productivity measures, performance management intelligence and resource planning effectiveness.
- Collaborate with a broad range of analytics teams at N26 to utilize shared platforms, insights and innovations.
- Maintains an accurate events log detailing the what is included in the forecast and reason for variance to forecast.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set; review methods of working, effectiveness of working practices and encourage evolution and innovation in order to maximise commercial profitability through continuous improvement.
- Embrace and adapt to change with a positive, resilient approach to challenging situations.
- Communication skills that clearly present ideas, theories, and technical information to operations and managerial staff.
- English language proficiency is a must, additional languages relevant to our markets are a plus.
- An in-depth understanding of manual forecasting methods and a natural acumen, interest and flair for using data and creating forecasting models.
- Advanced level of ability in applied mathematics, statistics, scenario modelling, demand modelling and analysis.
- Expert in Google/Excel sheets with the ability to demonstrate using multiple sources of data to develop and produce forecasts and get insight from large data sets.
- Experience with SQL and/or Python or similar language is a big plus but not essential
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.