About the opportunity
The Finance & Strategy team is going through a very exciting period, as we are right in the middle of establishing a new Group Finance unit and all the group processes. We are in a pivotal role to enable the transition of N26 from a young start-up in Europe to a leading, digital bank that is operating globally, and that has the ambition to go public.
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and you have the ambition and the leadership to shape your own area; you have several years of experience as a Finance Business Partner (FBP) of a product or commercial organization, and supported strategy development, provided financial support throughout the entire innovation process from idea to market launch, and drove your business team towards objectives. Equipped with a solid business acumen you naturally build relationships in a multi-functional team and you gain trust from your peers and management.
In this role, you will:
- Be the business partner of management in Product & Strategy and a member of the business area leadership team
- Be a part of the Group FP&A and Finance Business Partnering team, who support the senior execs
- Provide decision-making support to the Product organization and partner to shape strategies and financial plans to reach objectives
- Support the business area with financial analysis and the development of business cases for new product initiatives and expansion into whitespace to complete the product portfolio
- Lead the budgeting and planning process for your business area, and partner with the FP&A team to deliver the financial planning process
- Hold the business area accountable against strategic and financial objectives, and deliver transparency on the performance of financials and KPIs
- Continuously develop and improve our tools and processes to support business analysis, including digitization and automation
What you need to be successful:
- Masters degree in Business, Management or Finance required, or a combination of an MBA plus a (non-)business degree
- Ideally prior experience as Finance Business Partner of a product or commercial organization with 2-4 years professional experience; experience working in a strategy team is a plus
- Prior working experience in Financial Services, in (Fin)Tech, in a scale-up, or an innovative and fast-paced corporate is required
- You build relationships across levels and functions, and feel comfortable navigating the uncertain
- You have supported mid and senior management in the past and demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Strong personal leadership required
- Resilience, proven ability to learn from set-backs and course-correct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to draw conclusions and insights from data
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.