About the opportunity
The Core Compliance team is a fast paced department that works on the operationalization of compliance tasks, design, implementation and operationalization of compliance management system elements, as well as tackling ad-hoc compliance requirements. Most workstreams are cross functional and involve touchpoints with other teams within the organization.
It is an amazing opportunity for a young professional to get familiar with the compliance management system of a bank and to take ownership over various topics with guidance of our high performing team. The scope and reach of the team & related tasks will enable you to get a unique end to end overview of the critical management processes of a bank.
In this role, you will:
- Support on regulatory screening process
- Support on compliance risk assessment process
- Support on execution of control testing plan process
- Preparing Ad-hoc presentations on several topics
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law, Business, Economics, or other relevant areas
- Ideally, already gained first working experiences through an internship of at least 3 months (ideally in the area of consulting or Banking)
- You take ownership and drive topics on your own!
- Exceptional analytical and structured thinking skills (Microsoft Excel / Google suite)
- You want to learn more about operations, governance and banking regulations
- You have very good interpersonal and communication skills
- You have a desire to ever optimise processes and workflows and enjoy working with people and teams across different functions
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
IMPORTANT: You are eligible to work in Germany full-time and are able to commit for a 6-month internship, starting April/May 2021 (hard requirements).
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.