About the opportunity:
In the Digital Payments group, we make money movement easy, simple and frictionless. We are always working on improving our UX and making money movement easy for users. Recent examples of that are the Round-Ups or QR Code payment features.
In this role, you will:
As a Junior Android Engineer, you’ll be part of a high performing team building technologies that make banking more human.
- Work in a collaborative environment on challenging tasks.
- Work constantly with the wider Android team.
- Collaborate with other engineers in designing APIs used by the N26 app and contribute to a product that you can be proud of.
- You will proactively work on improving the Android tech stack and ensure high quality standards.
What you need to be successful:
- Eagerness to learn
- Experience with Kotlin and Clean Architecture
- Experience with Reactive programming - RxJava/RxAndroid/RxKotlin
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Experience with Model-View-ViewModel architectural patterns
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection
- Active participant in the Android community
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.