Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
Following our successful launch in the US in August 2019 we are seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to join our NYC cross functional team. You’ll be joining two experienced engineers in NYC who are helping us establish ourselves in the US as a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted experience for banking.
Our iOS Team owns the entirety of our iOS mobile products and all of the rewards and responsibilities that go along with that. They’re constantly striving to push the edge of what iOS is capable of while striving for the high level of scalability, testability, and overall user experience.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Work in cross-functional team and understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just a piece
- Build local, but think global. We want to create products that bring delight to our end users here in the us and at the same time think about how we can change banking at a global level
- Collaborate with other engineers in designing APIs used by the N26 app and contribute to a product that you can be proud of
- Proactively work on improving the iOS tech stack and ensure high quality standards.
- Use the knowledge of the system to make architectural decisions and independently develop features and tackle complex problems
- Provide guidance and feedback to the global iOS team
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating a deep knowledge and understanding of the iOS platform; ideally in a primarily Swift focus environment
- Experience in building products that showcase the variety and depth of iOS frameworks
- Demonstrable experience in quality focused development where you’re involved in robust unit, UI, and End-to-End testing.
- Building within Model-View-ViewModel patterns or other progressive architectural patterns
- Understanding how to drive projects from beginning to either, both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) within an Agile environment
- Strong bias for action, and getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.