Profile Head of Group AFC, N26
The Head of Group AFC is responsible for AFC oversight of: all Lines of Business, operated by N26 in-country; and of the business carried out by Branches and Affiliates in other EAA states and third country states, as applicable. The role will additionally have responsibility and oversight of all business carried on in-country by other subordinated entities of the firm, as applicable. The individual is based in Berlin or in Frankfurt.
The individual is expected to execute the AFC strategy through the management of the Group AFC function to best position it relative to the requirements, opportunities, and threats of the firm’s internal and external operating environment. As Head of AFC, they will act as registered Deputy Group MLRO and will in this capacity support the Group MLRO in discharging their responsibilities and actively participate in relevant governance and management fora as an effective challenge to the business on substantive regulatory matters and maintenance of the firm’s culture and conduct standards.
- Manage AFC oversight of the activities of N26 Group; ensure consistent standards and support compliance with National Competent Authority requirements.
- Manage the regulatory relationships with the relevant in-country National Competent Authorities.
- Provide pro-active subject-matter expertise to business regarding policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Building and leading the AFC Function and teams comprising the Advisoryand Standards Unit, the Modelling, Analytics and Reporting Unit and the Special Investigations and Intelligence Unit.
- Ensure adequate assessment, control, testing and reporting on AFC Risk in accordance with the nature and scale of activities conducted within N26 Group.
- Promote a strong AFC culture throughout the N26 Group.
- Deliver AFC training and awareness program.
- Identify and investigate potential vulnerabilities, providing options available to manage and mitigate them.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure timely reporting suspicious activities to relevant authorities to the highest quality standards.
- Oversight of outsourced services supporting the entity’s AFC function to ensure they are performed and monitored in line with applicable laws and regulations.
- Represent N26 in relevant industry fora and Public Private Partnerships to prevent Anti-Financial Crime.
- Discharge the role of registered Deputy Group Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) in line with regulatory and corporate requirements.
Required Skills and Expertise:
Strong technical background and a minimum of 10 years experience in Financial Crime Prevention, focusing on practical implementation of AFC processes. Experience in a registered role is a plus.
Leadership strengths demonstrated by experience, with the capability and willingness to lead by high example.
Profound knowledge of key AFC regulation. Strong technical understanding and exposure to the latest emerging AI and Money Laundering prevention trends is a plus.
German language skills would be a plus.
Strong team player willing to work closely across and with multiple teams.
Can do attitude with a willingness to help others and collaborate effectively.
Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and interpret requirements.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
The ability to offer robust and constructive challenge, all corporate levels and across different disciplines.