About the opportunity
The Head of Group AFC is responsible for AFC oversight of: all Lines of Business, operated by N26 in-country; and of the business carried out by Branches and Affiliates in other EAA states and third country states, as applicable. The role will additionally have responsibility and oversight of all business carried on in-country by other subordinated entities of the firm, as applicable. The individual is based in Berlin or in Frankfurt.
The individual is expected to execute the AFC strategy through the management of the Group AFC function to best position it relative to the requirements, opportunities, and threats of the firm’s internal and external operating environment. As Head of AFC, they will act as registered Deputy Group MLRO and will in this capacity support the Group MLRO in discharging their responsibilities and actively participate in relevant governance and management fora as an effective challenge to the business on substantive regulatory matters and maintenance of the firm’s culture and conduct standards.
In this role, you will:
- Manage AFC oversight of the activities of N26 Group; ensure consistent standards and support compliance with National Competent Authority requirements.
- Manage the regulatory relationships with the relevant in-country National Competent Authorities.
- Provide pro-active subject-matter expertise to business regarding policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Building and leading the AFC Function and teams comprising the Advisory, Intelligence and Standards Unit, the Modelling, Analytics and Reporting Unit and the Country MLROs.
- Ensure adequate assessment, control, testing and reporting on AFC Risk in accordance with the nature and scale of activities conducted within N26 Group.
- Promote a strong AFC culture throughout the N26 Group.
- Deliver AFC training and awareness program.
- Identify and investigate potential vulnerabilities, providing options available to manage and mitigate them.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure timely reporting suspicious activities to relevant authorities to the highest quality standards.
- Oversight of outsourced services supporting the entity’s AFC function to ensure they are performed and monitored in line with applicable laws and regulations.Represent N26 in relevant industry fora and Public Private Partnerships to prevent Anti-Financial Crime.
- Discharge the role of a registered person in line with regulatory and corporate requirements.
What you need to be successful:
- Strong technical background and a minimum of 10 years experience in an AFC, Compliance, Risk Management or Legal environment, focusing on practical implementation of AFC processes. Experience in a registered role is a plus.
- Leadership strengths demonstrated by experience, with the capability and willingness to lead by high example.
- Profound knowledge of key AFC regulation. Strong technical understanding and exposure to the latest emerging AI and Money Laundering prevention trends is a plus.
- German language skills.
- Strong team player willing to work closely across and with multiple teams.
- Can do attitude with a willingness to help others and collaborate effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and interpret requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- The ability to offer robust and constructive challenge, all corporate levels and across different disciplines.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.