About the opportunity
The Head of Group Fraud Prevention is responsible for the oversight of Fraud Prevention: all Lines of Business, operated by the entity in-country; and of the business carried out by Branches in other EAA and third country states. The role will additionally have responsibility and oversight of all business carried on in-country by other entities of the firm. The individual is based in Berlin or in Frankfurt.
The individual is expected to execute the Fraud Prevention strategy through the management of the Fraud Prevention function to best position it relative to the requirements, opportunities and threats of the firm’s internal and external operating environment. Fraud Prevention spans inter alia the domains of external and internal Fraud Threads to N26. As Head of Group Fraud Prevention, they will actively participate in relevant governance and management fora as an effective promoter of group-wide Fraud Prevention strategies.
In this role, you will:
- Manage Fraud Prevention oversight of the activities of the N26 Group; ensuring consistent standards.
- Provide pro-active subject-matter expertise to business regarding policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Building and leading the Global Fraud Prevention Function.
- Ensure adequate assessment, control and high quality reporting on Fraud Risk in accordance with the nature and scale of activities conducted within N26 Group.
- Identify, define and implement state of the art data driven mitigation strategies and tools.
- Promote a strong Compliance culture throughout the entity and its branches and other in-country businesses as well as third countries.
- Conduct and lead investigations.
- Deliver Fraud Prevention training and awareness programme.
- Identify and investigate potential vulnerabilities, providing options available to manage and mitigate them.
What you need to be successful:
Strong technical background and +8 years’ experience in Fraud Prevention, AFC or Compliance, focusing on practical implementation - ideally gained in a tech driven environment.
Leadership strengths, with the capability and willingness to lead by high example.
Very good knowledge of key Fraud vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies and tools. Strong technical understanding and exposure to the latest emerging AI and fraud prevention trends is a plus.
The ability to offer robust and constructive challenge, all corporate levels and across different disciplines
Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and interpret requirements.
Can do attitude with a willingness to help others and collaborate effectively.
Strong team player willing to work closely across and with multiple teams.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.