About the opportunity
N26 is looking for an experienced Head of Credit Risk to further develop and lead the credit risk function at a cutting-edge technology-driven bank, establishing credit risk management and controlling tools, developing scoring methods and credit risk models based on state of the art data science as well as latest regulations, and taking over ownership for assessing, controlling and reporting credit risks.
In this role, you will:
- Be the key driver to develop N26 credit risk management further in order to accommodate N26 growth and risk leadership aspirations
- Work closely with N26 product management to develop state-of-the-art credit solutions for N26's global customer base
- Be responsible for the risk management of the credit business at N26 group (incl. credit risk policies, risk appetite, limit setting and monitoring) and continuously help to further develop it
- Participate in the development of risk management and controlling tools using mathematical-statistical methods, such as the development of new or backtesting of existing scoring methods and credit risk models
- Design and implement the credit risk reporting at N26 group
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the group process map and risk inventory from a credit risk perspective
- Support and control the trade of debt securities as part of the credit business including trade confirmations and settlement
- Implement new legal and regulatory requirements for the credit risk management system in all relevant markets and segments
- Support the new products and markets processes through proper credit risk assessments; work as a business enabler for our product development
What you need to be successful:
- 8+ years of professional experience in financial services and credit risk management, preferably in consumer lending and with experience in financial technology
- Strong people leadership skills and experience in managing diverse teams
- Expertise in credit risk modelling and scoring model implementation; experience in working with credit bureaus
- Strong analytical and statistical skill set
- Ability to set-up new structures and processes in a fast changing & growing environment
- Experience in working with senior management as well as with a team of data analysts
- Best practice knowledge in credit risk: strong understanding of the full lifecycle from origination to debt collection – participated in envisioning and building credit policies and models from scratch
- Track record in project management and delivery
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Fluent English, German
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.