About the opportunity
We are seeking a Director of Data Science and Analytics to lead the Data Science and Analytics teams. This is a strategic role where you will have a huge impact on the direction of the entire data organisation.
In this role you will lead the department’s engagement with business stakeholders and executives by creating strong partnerships in order to push a data driven culture within N26.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for developing the team’s culture: driving technical excellence, enforce a hands-on and get-stuff done attitude, collaborate with the team, and provide a continuing learning, trust and safety atmosphere
- Act as internal spokesperson that means that you integrate into the tech organization, being the first contact for external stakeholders and set realistic expectations with stakeholders
- Translate company strategy into analytic work streams that support the business
- Create an environment where data and analytics professionals can develop their skills and grow their careers through taking on increased responsibility and adding value to the organization
- Help establish and instill standards, methods, and best practices to advance the collective knowledge and skills
- Create synergy and cohesion between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Setting-up leadership by excellence: inspire the team, provide guidance, set team vision, create a structure
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree, PhD or Master's degree in STEM preferred. The equivalent combination of education, training and work experience may be suitable
- 10+ years of work experience in a B2C tech company
Hands on experience working in the fields of Data Science and Data Analytics
Excellent understanding of technologies in Data Science or Data Analytics
Strong SQL and Python experience
Strong executive-level client facing skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical concepts with confidence to a non-technical executive audience
Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.