About the opportunity
We are seeking a Principal Engineer for our Platform Engineering team in Berlin or Barcelona.
Our teams build and maintain the core infrastructure of our products, supporting N26 business in Europe and the USA, allowing our engineers to easily and frequently build and deploy features on a scalable and observable platform.
Our vision statement is to empower N26 teams to deliver great customer value on easy-to-use platforms that are reliable, secure and compliant.
In this role, you will:
As a Principal Engineer within N26 you have the chance to shape the world’s future of mobile banking.
You will join a high pace environment and operate in a highly distributed system. Use your versatile talents to make our platform architecture scalable, performant, observable and secure. Your deep understanding of Continuous Delivery in cloud systems will help you come to the right architectural decisions. While your outstanding communication skills pave the way when engaging technical and non-technical audiences, they will also help you smoothing eventual discrepancies.
Although an individual contributor, we encourage you to proactively grow the technical skills within the company and to guide and mentor the Tech Leads and Senior Engineers you will be working with. With systematic reviews you can track their learnings and will know how to strengthen our engineering culture in the best way.
What you need to be successful:
Experience in former similar roles, working with various Technical Leads of cross-functional teams. Sound knowledge of the infrastructure architecture, large-scale distributed systems and cloud solutions such as AWS. Understanding the semantics and trade offs between different configuration management and infrastructure as code systems. Being passionate about technology and the wish to share this passion with your team. You keep up with the latest trends and are happy to share impulses during our GSDD with the rest of the engineering organisation. A relentless drive for clean and sustainable architectures and a general attitude to get things done.
- High studies in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience as an architect or as a leader in a large tech organisation
- Deep understanding of cloud native applications requirements and tradeoffs
- Multi-account AWS Architecture principles
- Infrastructure as Code design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of data storage engines, queues and streaming platforms
- Exposure to microservice architectures and its observability
- Master scalable continuous integration and delivery systems
- Actively help yourself (and others) to be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Germany’s Top Startup Employers, named by LinkedIn three years in a row 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.