Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated attorney with a strong desire to help build and maintain a best in class in-house legal department at a fast paced international FinTech. The ideal candidate is well versed with US banking laws and regulations and is looking for a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience.
In this role, you will:
Providing general legal support to the US Head of Legal including:
- Guidance on federal and state banking regulations and their associated impact on N26’s operations within the US
- Drafting and reviewing documentation and contracts
- Assessing legal risks arising from new products and services, and reviewing policies and procedures and process changes to mitigate risk
- Performing legal research and drafting memoranda on topics including corporate governance, banking, labor & employment, privacy and intellectual property
What you need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of legal experience working with financial institutions (preferably FinTechs) at a major law firm (or equivalent in-house experience)
- Licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in New York state
- Excellent academic record
- Outstanding references
- Must complete a successful conflicts check
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy
- You have an intrinsic adaptability and ability to grow with new challenges. An “Out of the box” mindset, pragmatic thinking are among your strengths
- Ability to manage special projects and corporate initiatives and improving processes
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.