About the opportunity:
We are seeking an Engineering Manager (in either our Berlin or Barcelona location) to lead, manage and grow a group of talented engineers, working closely with product managers and various stakeholders from the business, focusing on interesting and exciting topics at N26.
The Platform Engineering segment's goal is to empower N26 teams to deliver great customer value on an easy-to-use platforms that are reliable, secure and compliant.
You will be leading a talented group of Site Reliability Engineers and Software Engineers as part of our Observability or Infrastructure teams.
Once you are here you will:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Recruit, manage and retain the best talent for the delivery teams.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via technical or non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with product managers and operations in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
What you will bring along:
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members including having had difficult conversations
- Experience managing and delivering impactful projects
- Experience working on an rapidly evolving product in an agile environment
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Interested in working with a fast-paced and quickly growing company
- Professional proficiency in written English
Nice to have:
- Previous experience work in a FinTech company or exposure working in an environment enabling DevOps culture
- A good understanding of infrastructure, operations and engineering.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year in Germany, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days ; and 24 days (up to 28 days) in Spain
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.