Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
The Quality culture is part of our values and we continuously try to improve our approach to modern software development practices.
Software Quality is owned by the team and the role of software quality engineers is to ensure that all quality attributes: functionality, accessibility, security, performance, testability, etc. are part of the acceptance criteria, development and testing of our features.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the quality culture in cross-functional teams and make sure that the good practices are followed
- Design, develop, and maintain test documentation for our Android, iOS,web applications, and REST APIs
- Pair with our engineers on testing and ensure the whole team is responsible for quality
- Develop maintainable automated tests in collaboration with our engineering teams
- Proactively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage
- Find and report bugs and follow up on their resolution
- Use exploratory testing techniques to discover and prevent issues
- Assess and bring improvements to the quality, security, performance, and accessibility of our applications and services
What you need to be successful:
- You know how to view quality holistically and ensure the highest software quality
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in testing mobile (Android, iOS) applications
- Experience in API testing and automation frameworks
- Understanding with at least one of the following technologies: Cucumber, Appium, XCode UI Automation, Espresso (Mobile testing tools and frameworks)
- You know how to work with Jira, TestRail, Jenkins
- Experience with Nomad and Kubernetes is a plus
- You have experience in driving quality improvements in agile environments
- Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- Strong bias for action, and getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.