Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
N26 is seeking an AML Investigator to join our growing AML team. You will be instrumental in helping to build our best in class AML compliance program as we continue to grow in customer base across the US.
You'll use your expertise and knowledge in US AML laws and regulations in order to ensure that all investigations are properly escalated and resolved.In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting investigations. That means no two days are the same.
Come join us on this incredible journey where no day will be encouraged to take on diverse challenges and grow within the organization.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Quality assurance of KYC and CDD/EDD functions
- Ensure CIP documentation supplied by customers during on-boarding complies with regulations and our internal policies and procedures
- Ensure that media and AML/sanctions alerts are properly escalated and resolved
- Monitor and analyze accounts for unusual or suspicious activity through alerts generated by N26’s anti-money laundering system
- Communicate with management on KYC/CIP/CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during account monitoring
- Interact and work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of BSA/AML compliance; develop and administer N26 training material; attend training as assigned
What you need to be successful:
- 2-4 years of related experience in banking and financial services
- Bachelor’s degree
- In-depth knowledge of BSA/AML regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with banking operations
- Attention to detail with solid analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize in a fast paced environment
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.