About the opportunity
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for shaping and growing the Data Governance practice. You will work closely with the data engineering team and will play a critical role in developing and executing a plan for overall data governance, compliance and data security.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement the data discovery platform.
- Design & implement metadata lineage across data assets in the data governance project.
- Design and implement frameworks to automate various day to day data governance tasks.
- Handling of GDPR related compliance requests.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and monitoring of the DG policies, processes, procedures and playbook(s) for guiding the data governance aspects to the organisation.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years of Experience in Data Engineering / Data Warehousing related fields
- Strong Python skills, Go would be a plus
- Sound understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure
- Strong fundamentals of Data Warehousing, Data Engineering and Data Management concepts
- Strong documentation skills
- Understanding of distributed systems is a plus
- Good knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (Europe and US) is a plus
- Nice to have experience with: Apache Ranger, Terraform, K8s, Google Cloud
- Experience with Data discovery / catalogue tools such as Collibra, Alation, Amundsen, Informatica Data Catalogue, OneTrust etc. is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with workflow processing engines like Airflow, Luigi is a plus.
- Excited to work with modern technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Detective-level of attention to detail
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sounds good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.