Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Banking Operations Associate to help establish and carry out banking operations processes within our US Banking Operations team. We are a small agile team and growing quickly.
No day is the same at N26 where you'll be encouraged to take on diverse challenges in and out of your role. This is a great opportunity to have a hand in shaping and delivering best in class service for our customers as we continue to scale our team and customer base.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Help establish and carry out ACH-related processes within our US Operations team with highest efficiency for our customers
- Focus primarily on supporting all aspects of ACH operation, including researching and resolving ACH inquiries from clients and other banks
- Also provide support on a range of processes across Payment and banking operations (including claims, insolvencies, ACH payment investigations and disputes, account closures, returned cards, reconciliation, reporting)
- Whether it’s claims management through data analysis and customer communication, or payment investigations- it is up to you to define the diversity of the role with the opportunity for you to develop and grow with our team.
- Carry out processes within our Banking Operations team with highest efficiency for our customers
- Work on all processes in your area with a substantial degree of autonomy, and be the first person at hand if any issues arise
- Be key to the hub of our operations, and you will be constantly working to remove inefficiencies, and improve our banking system
- Have a passion for innovation and automation which will allow you to make a tangible and credible impact to our business
- Work with various departments to discuss challenges and potential improvements to our processes
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience in a banking operations role/environment. (Fintech experience is a plus)
- At least a High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Advance knowledge across payment and banking operations including: ACH, transactional banking (Card Disputes & Payment Investigations), insolvencies, consumer complaints, account closures, reporting or other Banking Operations functions
- Able to quickly adapt and switch focus to changing priorities
- Experience with Salesforce or similar a CRM system
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications. Communication with customers, internal stakeholders and external partners will be required
- Analyze data, present root cause analysis and develop improvement action plans
- Approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer/organization outcome
- Reliable, friendly and stress resistant even under the most testing of circumstances
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.