Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to help build and lead a best in class AML compliance program at a fast growing FinTech. The ideal candidate is an experienced AML professional and looking for a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience. The candidate will be directly responsible for helping to define and implement our AML program to support the US arm of our growing, global Fintech company.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and oversee effective BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Programs that is in compliance with current industry best practices, regulatory guidance and requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of the BSA and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations
- Develop, implement, administer and enhance the BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or fraudulent activity
- Oversee two growing teams that perform daily reviews, monitoring, and study of various reports, alerts, transaction data to identify trends, unusual or suspicious activity and file reports as necessary
- Establish, maintain and oversee appropriate record keeping for onboarding activities, investigations, and reviews
- Act as a liaison/contact for examinations, internal audit and external audits of the BSA/AML compliance programs; oversee corrective action of all BSA related compliance deficiencies.
- Update and maintain BSA/AML/OFAC and all other compliance policies and procedures, as applicable
- Administer BSA/AML/OFAC related training programs for management and employees
- Advise stakeholders of emerging risks, new or amended laws, regulations, or agency guidance; recommends and implements changes and controls to mitigate those risks.
- Research and respond to information requests from Law Enforcement Agencies
- Prepare metrics and/or reports, policies, e.g., BSA/AML Risk Assessments; ensure that US Head of Legal and Compliance is kept fully informed of the BSA program, including but not limited to trends in high risk customer on/offboarding, emerging BSA, and Sanctions typologies
- Conduct the BSA/ AML and OFAC risk assessments on a periodic basis
What you need to be successful:
- 5-7 years of related experience in banking and financial services
- Bachelor’s degree
- In-depth knowledge of BSA/AML regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with banking operations
- Attention to detail with solid analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.