About the opportunity
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join the team responsible for the Regulatory Reporting platform. You will help lay the foundation of the data platform that aids the reporting needs of N26. In this role, you will work with workflow orchestration tools predominantly written in Python and will have the opportunity to help build up N26's Data Mesh.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with your Tech Lead on architecting new features and seeing them through to completion
- Mentor junior members in the team by relentlessly guarding code quality through pull requests and helping them when they have questions
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and you are not afraid to propose some findings during our GSDD.
- Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
What you need to be successful:
- Significant experience in developing production-ready data pipelines is a plus
- Strong SQL experience is a plus
- Sound understanding of microservice architecture
- Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, Kubernetes along with AWS
- Python, Java, Kotlin as possible languages the candidate would be working with
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- Strong bias for action, and getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.