Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
With your expertise in the areas of US back-office banking operations, you will actively support the US Banking Operations team. You are part of the Global Banking Operations Excellence team, and you are a key point of contact for the US Banking Operations team, the US Customer Service team, and other teams as required (i.e., Product & Technology, Legal & Compliance, Strategy & Operations) to escalate bugs and drive the improvements needed to optimize back-office banking processes with a Global view.
This is an incredible opportunity to leverage your expertise at an early stage and forward thinking organization and shape a significant piece of the business. You’ll use your expertise, coupled with your passion for innovation and automation to make a substantial and tangible impact internally and to our customers.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Refine, devise and implement scalable Banking Operations processes and standards to ensure a positive customer experience, a controlled operating environment, and internal efficiency.
- You proactively discover inefficiencies in workstreams and process flows and find ways to improve these while not being scared of thinking out of the box and to challenge the current status quo.
- You support the team management with new approaches for global process optimization and sustainable quality improvement. You ensure that all applicable documentation and process mapping are up to date.
- You understand the Banking Operations team’s key metrics and KPIs, how to advance initiatives that ultimately support these objectives, while balancing these with the needs of the customer.
- You help operational teams with the analysis of incidents, and with the implementation of workarounds, formulate solutions to mitigate risks and minimize the impact for our customers.You carry the voice of the customer within the team.
- You will manage projects impacting your business area. In this role, in collaboration with the US Banking Operations Team Lead and the readiness/automation team, you validate and write business requirements, specifications, define and execute test plans and strategy, you follow planning and carry out action tracking or risk logging.
- Provide input and advice as a subject matter expert across a number of topics including: General Banking/Payments, Digital and Online Banking, ACH Processing, and Card Operations (including disputes, chargebacks and fraud monitoring).
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are compliant with various legal and banking regulations and are well documented / implemented across the organization.
- Identify and communicate the impacts of regulatory changes or market practices with the support of the Legal team and other stakeholders.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of professional experience in Banking Operations and/or Financial services.
- Expertise across payment and banking operations including: ACH, transactional banking (Card Disputes & Payment Investigations), insolvencies, consumer complaints, account closures, reconciliation, reporting or other Banking Operations functions.
- Expertise in designing, implementing and managing all facets of banking operations systems.
- Notable experience in improving processes and managing projects.
- Detailed knowledge of FRB, NACHA rules and VISA or MasterCard Debit/ATM operations.
- One or more of the following accreditations is preferred: AAP, APRP and NCP.
- Comfortable working in a high performance environment with a substantial degree of autonomy.
- You have an intrinsic adaptability and ability to grow with new challenges. An “Out of the box” mindset, pragmatic thinking are among your strengths.
- Ability to manage special projects and corporate initiatives and improving processes.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.