N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
About the opportunity
As N26’s Head of Marketing for the US, you will take senior strategic responsibility for growing and managing our presence in the US market. Building on our groundbreaking success in Europe, you will pioneer our growth in the US with a highly engaged local team standing on the shoulders of our global marketing organization in Berlin. This role blends the unique combination of local finesse and global support. You’ll coach your team, identify scaling opportunities, ideate and launch local product initiatives as well as global integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns as we deliver on our biggest bet to date. You and your team will be the brand’s front line growth drivers in the US and ambassadors of our US audiences for our global functions supporting the delivery of that growth.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Intimately understand our US audiences, their needs, hopes and aspirations and how we can be their banking partner of choice
- Identify growth opportunities and define, develop and own a US marketing strategy, vision and plan to materialize on those opportunities and grow the business in the US
- Work cross-functionally across the business, and within the global marketing team, to grow our US business through multiple marketing channels, including content, campaigns, social media, influencers, partnerships, SEO, referrals, lifecycle and performance channels
- Refine and deploy our unique brand voice and messaging for the US
- Leverage data to inform your testing roadmap & decisions and establish strong measures for measuring results across all marketing channels
- Manage our US marketing budget including monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets to ensure accurate monthly accruals, identifying over/underspends and reinvesting/pulling back investments as required
- Lead, and mentor our US marketing team
- Identify partners that will help our business scale
- Collaborate with external agencies and vendors to complement and build upon our internal resources
What you need to be successful:
- At least 10 years of progressive marketing experience and a track record of driving growth
- In-house experience in a B2C digital/tech environment
- Deep insight into the US consumer marketing landscape, you are the go-to person for market knowledge on audiences, media landscape, growth levers, products, brands, and trends
- You’re a creative storyteller, bursting with ideas and creativity and with the ability to amplify your ideas using an appropriate channel mix
- Experience leading, mentoring, and developing high performing teams in a matrix
- Strong cross-functional communicator and collaborator, with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Flexibility, the ability to meet deadlines, and changing direction when needed
- Marketing KPIs and performance measurement are second nature to you
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.